Did you know that every 15 seconds, 153 workers have a work related accident and one of them dies around the world? 317 million accidents occur on the job every year.
In Australia alone, more than 500,000+ people incurred a work related injury last year.
More frightening facts about Australian occupational safety include:
• Less than 25% of staff members could remember where the fire extinguisher was in their workplace.
• Only 26% of Australians are trained in first aid and could step up and assist in an emergency
• Less than 50% of occupants of a building know what to do during an emergency
• Around 30,000 Australians suffer a cardiac arrest each year, only 9% survive.
• More than 85% of organisations that suffered a ‘confined space fatality’ lacked safety procedures
Within this course you will get an in-depth understanding of safety at work, including what your responsibilities are, how to assess risk, and what safety checks need to be done. You will also get some important tips that will keep you and the person you support safe.
After this lesson you will be able to:
a) State what your “safety at work” responsibilities are.
b) Assess risk using the 4 step risk assessment.
c) Be safe while home visiting, during transportation and in the event an aggressive or threatening situations occurs.